For those following a recognised training course. Students are entitled to all the benefits of membership, have full voting rights and can take part in all the Institute's activities at privileged rates.Apply Here
For individuals who have involvement or association with, or have an interest in Medical Illustration but who are not working towards one of our recognised qualifications.Apply Here
For those engaged in medical illustration and who hold a professional qualification approved by Council. Professional Members are entitled to use the letters MIMI after their name.Apply Here
For companies who wish to support the aims and activities of the Institute and the profession, or whose business activities include the supply of equipment, materials and services to the profession.Apply Here
Fellowship of the Institute recognises excellent abilities and skills and is its highest distinction of the Institute. Applications may be made by Members of the Institute with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience.Apply Here
Have you done anything really interesting this year? Have you been involved in a new project that others might like to hear about? Have you been doing something for a long time that others could learn from? If so come and share your experiences and expertise with us at the IMI Annual Conference at the East Midlands Conference Centre and Nottingham Orchard Hotel in October this year. This invitation, open to members and non-members of IMI, calls for abstracts for scientific papers and workshops. We will also welcome abstracts for the New Voices session. New Voices presentations are 10 minute talks given by first time speakers – A year’s IMI membership is up for grabs for the best New Voices presentation.
Suggested themes include:
• New and novel uses of technology applied to photography, video or design in healthcare.
• Design and illustration opportunities in medical healthcare education.
• Social media and its use in healthcare communications.
• Workflows and imaging technique, as well as novel medical visualization techniques.
• Managing in challenging times. This list is not exhaustive; we would also welcome presentations based on traditional photography, design and video within the healthcare setting. What we need If you are interested in taking part, please submit an abstract using the form attached.