For those following a recognised training course. Students are entitled to all the benefits of membership, have full voting rights and can take part in all the Institute's activities at privileged rates.Apply Here
For anyone with an interest in medical illustration and who supports the objects of the Institute as set forth in the Memorandum of Association.Apply Here
For those engaged in medical illustration and who hold a professional qualification approved by Council. Professional Members are entitled to use the letters MIMI after their name.Apply Here
For companies who wish to support the aims and activities of the Institute and the profession, or whose business activities include the supply of equipment, materials and services to the profession.Apply Here
Fellowship of the Institute recognises excellent abilities and skills and is its highest distinction of the Institute. Applications may be made by Members of the Institute with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience.Apply Here
Employer: St. George's University
Department: Anatomical Sciences within the School of Medicine at SGU
Location: Grenada, West Indies
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable candidate with an aptitude for graphic design to join us on-site at St. George's University (SGU) on the island of Grenada in the Caribbean. The position is with the Department of Anatomical Sciences within the School of Medicine at SGU. This talented visionary will work directly with faculty, content experts, medical illustrators, and animators to design innovative learning modules for medical educational material, including lectures, online content, ebooks, interactives and in other areas required for academic support and medical education. There will also be the potential opportunity to teach anatomy to medical students using prosected cadavers in the gross anatomy wet lab. Our ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic with the desire to lead a team of exceptional artists.
Job Responsibilities: SGU is looking for candidates with excellent design, leadership and collaboration skills. We prefer candidates with experience in scientific or medical education.
• MFA, MS, or MA degree in Medical Illustration, Graphic Design or equivalent masters degree such as UI/UX, Web Design & New Media.
• Ability to process large amounts of educational course content into a cohesive design campaign.
• Experience in scientific or medical education is a plus.
• Portfolio must prove strong graphic design skills (typography, layout or UI/UX design).
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, et cetera).
• 3D software experience is a plus (Cinema 4D, ZBrush, Maya, 3DS Max, or Unity).
• Able to work independently but harbors the desire and capability to lead a new and growing team within the Anatomical Sciences Department.
• Able to meet short deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
Able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of medical students, educators and other adult learners.
• Adventurous, flexible and adaptable to a foreign culture on a small tropical island.
Saint George’s University (SGU) School of Medicine www.sgu.edu is located in the Caribbean, in St. George’s, Grenada, West Indies. The Department of Anatomical Sciences is dedicated to education, research, and faculty that publish and present regularly.
How to Apply:
Attached is a simple guide to getting into and through the application process. Be prepared to submit a CV and Cover Letter, and please include either a link to your online portfolio or upload a .pdf of relevant work. This is an automated process, so if you have any questions about the application, you may contact Wes Price at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date - 31/01/2019